Sunday, February 12, 2012

Barrett

Howdy, I’m Barrett,
This will be my 8th mission blog to-date. Every mission team has a different dynamic, and this team is no different. This will be my 6th time to Santiago Atitlan and 7th time to Guatemala, and the relationships I have with this town and its surrounding villages are getting stronger. I started going on mission trips in 2007, the year after my dad died. Also the year after Christ brought me back to himself. I have had a strong urge to go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. I have great joy participating in what Jesus is doing in these parts of the world.
I am a journeyman plumber, I work in King County (mostly Seattle), but I have been laid off for the past 2 years. My wife and I have switched rolls. She is back to work full-time and I am “Mr. Mom” now. It is a great blessing to me to have this time with my children. A part of my life I am thankful for.
I am married to a wonderful and supportive woman, Amy. She and I have been together for over 20 years. We have four children together ranging in age from 13 to 5.
I am excited to go. I can’t say what to expect because I cannot read God’s mind. You will just have to follow us and see where God leads this mighty team of 4 in His work.
Please feel free to leave notes of encouragement and comment on this blog. We will be writing everyday switching between writers so that you will hear a different voice and perspective each day. We will all be reading the comments.
Your Prayers, we covet your prayers for the people of Santiago, Cerro de Oro, Chuk Muk, Panabaj, the family we will build for, our families, our team. Please pray with us as we prepare to go. That God will prepare our hearts and theirs. That He will do a mighty work in their lives.
Thank you for following. Thank you for praying. Come follow us as He leads us to Guatemala Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment